This week's guest is Madeleine Holly-Rosing, writer and creator of the Boston Metaphysical Society webcomic.
Currently, she is running a Kickstarter campaign for the next installment of her steampunk supernatural series, and would love your support. I personally can attest to the quality of her (and her team's) work, and would suggest that you check it out.
About the guest
IN THIS EPISODE
- Several times throughout the first segments, you will hear me refer to a red button. Check out the YouTube video version of this episode to actually see this, and some of the other elements mentioned!
- Throughout the interview you can hear "power-surges" every couple of minutes and the conversation may jump slightly. We were having some serious issues with Skype where the call would drop every two minutes, often in the middle of us saying things. The surge and static sound effects were a very simple way of taking the Skype problem and fixing or coping with it (or at least trying to) by making it an in world issue.
- The interview with Madeleine Holly-Rosing begins at eight-minutes and twenty three seconds (8:23), if you'd like to skip directly to that.
- I mention a piece of fallen equipment, "hued [huge] black ball" in the introductory segment. Some of you will know what this is, and others will have guesses. Comment below with your answer.
- Madeleine came through sounding great, and I think I did best when I just let her talk. Thus, I'm quite glad that, that's mostly what I did.
- At the very end, I made a comment that I'd never heard the advice "have your own interests before" and though I imagine, reflecting on it now, that I have, what I meant was: I'd never heard that advice applied to creative individuals who were married and really accepted it as extensively.
If you have questions you'd like to have answered, please be so kind as to leave it in the comments section below!