Check out our full episode 2 podcast show notes for more information.
Audio from the YouTube ShoW
Succinctly, his two “quick tips” are:
- Pre-plan posts: you’ll need a lot of updates throughout your campaign, so try to have them ready in advance.
- Empower fans: certain key people will really want to support you, let them!
Interview: Madeleine Holly-Rosing, Pt. 2
- Obstacles in writing—including the workload of crowdfunding, and allowing time for “page one rewrites”.
- Writing “Badly in order to write well” — getting the weird or silly stuff out there that you don’t need, which frees you to move on in, or open up with the story.
- Discovery writing vs Outlining -- Madeleine recommends outlining to give you a way to go forward, knowing that you can always change later on—nothing is written in stone, especially as you discover what characters will do!
- Advice for a Younger Self — have patience, set up a writing schedule, surround yourself with great people, and transcend the nay-sayers.
- Dealing with Nay-Sayers — have a thick skin, and be aware of how ignorant the people are who judge you
- On Writing for Television — be willing to change your strategy, be aware you need an advocate, and multiple “yesses” along the way for your work